This easy broccoli & quinoa salad just goes right in the centre of the Venn diagram marked “healthy” “delicious” and “can be whipped up in 20 minutes”
Seriously, it is so easy to throw together when you’re pushed for time and need something healthy and delicious on the table in between finishing one thing and scurrying off to the next.
I straight up love broccoli when its just steamed or wok-fried a little (think green and crunchy, not grey and soggy).
I’ve been eating it so much recently, that my husband-of-the-future announced the other day that he had to get some junk food for lunch because the fridge was full of broccoli and he wasn’t eating broccoli and quinoa for the third meal in a row.
I guess maybe I need to get some more variety in my life?
Broccoli & quinoa salad with chickpeas
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 0.25 inch Fresh Ginger
- 0.5 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup Quinoa (dry)
- Juice of half a Lime
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce (gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter (crunchy)
- Sriracha to taste
- 1 head Broccoli
- 2 400g tin Chickpeas
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger together – there should be approximately equal amounts of each
- Heat a large, light saucepan and add the coconut oil. Allow it to melt, then add the garlic and ginger and quickly fry over a high heat for a couple of minutes
- Throw in the dry quinoa and continue to cook for a further minute or two, before adding the lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, and a little sriracha or hot sauce, if that’s your thang. Add 2 cups of hot water, turn down the heat and simmer for around ten minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare the broccoli by chopping it into bite-sized florets, and drain and rinse the chickpeas
- After the quinoa has been cooking for around 10 minutes, add the chickpeas, and suspend the broccoli over the pan in a covered sieve or colander, to steam
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes, then add it to the pan with the rest of the dish, and stir
- Divide into two bowls and enjoy your quick and healthy, one-pan dinner with a nice cold glass of wine