Make this carrot & raisin salad in 5-Minutes flat
This carrot & raisin salad recipe was kindly sponsored by Jamie’s Italian.
I’m loving getting back to making and eating some fresh, delicious dishes after the food madness of December. This Moroccan-inspired carrot & raisin salad makes a super healthy lunch, packed with vegetables, chickpeas and olive oil, and it can go from cupboard to table in just five minutes.
I love Moroccan flavours – somehow warming and zesty fresh at the same time.
Despite being served cold, the spices and olive oil in this dish make it quite warming, and a well-needed reminder of hazy holidays and sunshine in this grey, dreary weather.
Good olive oil is essential for this dish (and for many others – most of my salads call for a drizzle of the good stuff). There isn’t much that can beat the summer-ness of a glug of olive oil.
Jamie’s Italian have shared their olive oil buying guide, and it is awesome – who knew there were that many varieties? Check out the guide below, then grab your best bottle and shake up a beautiful dressing for this salad.
The 5-minute Morocco-inspired carrot & raisin salad recipe:
Morrocco-inspired carrot & raisin salad
For the Salad
- 3-4 Carrots
- 1 400g tin Chickpeas
- 0.5 cup Raisins
- 1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. Mustard seeds
- 1 handful Fresh corriander
For the Dressing
- Juice and zest of half a Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 0.25 tsp. Paprika
- 0.25 tsp. Cumin
- 0.25 tsp. Corriander
- 0.25 tsp. Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp. Sumac
- Peel and grate the carrots into a bowl. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the bowl too
- Add the raisins, poppy seeds and mustard seeds, then mix well (or cover tightly with clingfilm and give it a shake)
- For the dressing, zest the lemon, then cut it in half and squeeze one side with a citrus juicer. Pour the juice into a jar with a lid, then measure in the oil and spices
- Shake the dressing well, then pour over the salad
- This dish is best eaten within 24 hours, so make it up in the morning, or the night before, for a simple and healthy desk lunch
Pingback: Healthy Vegan Fridays #135 - VNutrition on January 13, 2017