This vegan frappe is really my ‘treat’ smoothie.
It’s definitely not breakfast – more like an iced coffee (though the addition of oats does make it very filling).
Coffee & chocolate are a perfect match for oats, and it even manages to include a portion of fruit.
Affiliate disclosure: his post uses affiliate links. If you purchase products or services via an affiliate link I’ll get a small commission (which supports the running of EatsLeeds) and it won’t cost you anything extra. I’ll specifically point out each affiliate link in the post. Learn more.
This vegan frappe recipe is perfection on a hot day – drinking blended, creamy iced coffee reminds me of long, hot summer days on the beach.
The first holiday I took with my in-laws was to Crete in high summer, and we seemed to stop in at every dark, cool roadside cafe we passed to sup on iced coffees and keep out of the blazing sun.
Any blender or smoothie-maker will do the job, but a personal blender (like my (affiliate link) Breville Blend Active, which is the one I’ve used for the last 2+ years and is still going strong) makes life so much easier for daily smoothie making – just add everything to the bottle, blend, rinse the blades and screw on the drinking cap and you’re good to go.
Vegan Frappe-Style Smoothie
- 1 Banana (very ripe)
- 0.25 cup Oats (gluten-free)
- 1.5 cup Soy milk
- 1 Espresso (or a small, strong coffee)
- 0.5 tbsp. Cacao powder
- 1.5 Cup Ice cubes (approx.)
- Peel the banana
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Blend for 5-10 seconds and pulse a few times, until the ingredients are a thick, smooth texture
- That’s literally it – put the travel cap on your blender (or decant into a travel bottle if you don’t have a personal blender) and away you go